HELPS Ministry

As the 3rd Great Awakening is upon us, we have a call to help churches prepare for the end time harvest by helping them develop a HELPS Ministry. We teach and train congregations in the ministry of helps and equip church leaders to set up or improve their HELPS ministry.

bobbie baker teaching about helps ministry

Pastors Can’t Do It Alone

Pastors are crying out to God, “Where are the Aaron’s, Hur’s and Joshua’s?”

According to statistics, approximately twice as many churches close each year compared to churches that open each year.

Many in the Body of Christ feel inadequate to do HELPS ministry. This equates to 20% of the congregation doing 80% of the work.

According to Fuller Institute and George Barna Group, 50% of ministers starting out will not last more than 5 years.

We believe the statistics above are largely due to a lack of HELPS ministry implementation in the church and we want to change that. The ministry of helps is a distinct ministry listed with many other ministry gifts in I Corinthians 12:28. We must recognize that HELPS ministry is a uniquely anointed and appointed ministry that is vital for the Body of Christ.

What is HELPS Ministry?

God has set certain ministries in the church to fulfill one primary function: to serve in a supportive role. Helps and governments were instituted by God to do just that. They are supportive ministries. Think about it. All Christians are called to minister. But not all Christians are called to stand behind the pulpit. Only about 5% of Christians are called to the 5-fold or pulpit ministry. We believe the other 95% are called to the HELPS ministry. So, what is HELPS ministry?

The ministry of helps, or what we call HELPS ministry, is a distinct ministry listed with many other ministry gifts in I Corinthians 12:28,

“And God has set some in the CHURCH, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, HELPS, governments, diversities of tongues.”

We define HELPS as Having Enough Loving People Serving. Weymouth translates helps as “rendering loving service”. Operating in the ministry of helps is, indeed, rendering loving service to your church, to your pastor, and ultimately and most importantly to the Lord.

The Ministry of Helps is Vital to the Church

It’s important to realize that the ministry of helps is a uniquely anointed and appointed ministry. Because God has set these gifts in the church, that means that the ministry of helps is a supernatural ministry. It’s just as important as the other gifts given to the church.

How We Can Help

We have helpful and insightful teachings that we can teach to your church congregation that both displays the need for HELPS ministry and trains and equips them to carry it out. We can also teach church leaders and pastors how to set up or improve their current HELPS ministry. Ultimately, we are willing to work with the Pastor to help them and their church in any way they need.

If you’d like to schedule us or would simply like more information please contact us!